Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tasty Sugar-free Cookies

I found this recipe in my favorite children's cookbook and decided to change it to make it healthier. Instead of having half honey and half brown sugar, I thought of just using honey and it still came out delicious. Here is the recipe for Honey Cookies.

Honey Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup of margarine (or butter), softened
1 cup of honey
1 egg
1 1/2 cups of unbleached white flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (or however much you like)

Directions
1.  Heat the oven to 375 degrees
2.  Beat margarine, honey, and egg in a bowl on medium speed, scrapping bowl constantly, until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
3.  Using a cookie scooper, drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie shot.
4.  Bake until light brown around edges, about 7-9 minutes (or longer depending on your oven). Let stand 3-5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet, then place cookies on a wire rack.
5.  Makes 24 cookies (or more if made smaller). Enjoy!

I love this recipe and it is my go to dessert. I definitely feel less self-conscious eating it, and the honey makes it naturally sweet. I hope you try it for yourself and like it as much as I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment