Monday, July 15, 2013

The Juicing Diet

Before the juicing craze started, I watched a documentary called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead that made me think about how healthy juicing could really be. It was about an overweight and sick man who decided that he needed to turn his life around. He began a 60-day straight juicing diet in hopes to recover his health and change his lifestyle. 

After viewing this film, I made the decision to buy a juicer and try juicing for myself. I didn't do it for 60 days, but I tried a 3-day cleanse. If anyone wants to start juicing, I have to warn you that even though you are consuming a lot of fruits and vegetables, you will feel tired and have a headache for the first few days. This is only because your body is adjusting to the lack of food and is in the process of being cleansed of bad toxins. Now, I just juice to get some vegetables in my diet and be healthier. So, you don't have to go on the full juice diet to detox your body, just make sure to eat natural foods everyday that are not processed or full of high fructose corn syrup. 

Here is one of my favorite juice recipes:
  • 2 large green apples (in slices without the core)
  • 1 large gala apple
  • 3 big carrots
  • 4 celery sticks
  • A few leaves of lacinato kale
*Put each ingredient in a juicer and enjoy! 

If your interested, try juicing for a day or two to see if you like it and then continue for longer if you want. It can't hurt and it is definitely healthy for you with all of the fruits and vegetables. If just want to juice as your drink for the day along with food, that is probably the better and easier choice for a good cleanse. :)

Also, I recommend that you check out the documentary, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, because it is both interesting and informing. For more about the film and juice recipes, here is the website: http://fatsickandnearlydead.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment